Thursday, September 04, 2008

10 days to go

India is covered quite often in the news nowadays, or maybe I'm just more sensitive than before. Unfortunately, these news are not really motivating. Two major issues caught my attention:
There is a flooding in Bihar, northern India. 600’000 people had to be rescued, many are suffering. It's devastating.
Then, there were tensions in Kashmir a few weeks back. Protests and violence in Jammu and Kashmir valley, wide curfews all over the region. It is calm now due to a contract someone signed.

Both places are quite close to areas I was planing to visit (though, not directly). I just hope it won't affect me. Right now, I try to collect relevant news sources which I can check during my time in India to keep me updated about everything. I also found some very very (very!!!) informative communities: www.indiamike.com and www.bcmtouring.com.

Meanwhile, I decided to visit Rajasthan after coming back from Ladakh.
Rajasthan features the sandy Thar Desert where you can do camel trekking. That would be cool, wouldn't it?

Oh, a question, Is it nerdy, if I say that I have my own wiki running where i kind of "paste bin" relevant information? Well, I don't mind. :P

No comments: