Friday, November 28, 2008

Fish & Ships


I have been to Ko Tao for two weeks to do my PADI Open Water and PADI Advanced Open Water diving certification. I have never been diving before and did not know what's awaiting me (Well, I knew there are fish...). My school was Big Blue Diving where I also stayed. The offered me free accommodation if I dive with them. Well, nice, isn't it? It was right at the end of the rainy season and therefore not many tourists were there. In fact, it was only me and my diving instructor in my OW course. This wasn't too bad cos I could learn a lot. Diving itself is wonderful. It's very calm down there! However, due to rain the visibility was crap. I don't have a waterproof camera but nevertheless can show you what I have seen:

For the AOW course, another swiss girl and a british joined me. There we learned about navigation, deep diving (we went down to 30m) and night diving where you dive at night with just a torch. Amazing. I'll definitely do this soon again.

Before in Bangkok, I went to the Siam Ocean World where they have some amazing fish. See some pics below for a compensation of the lack of Tao pics. Since my camera's screen is broken, I had do switch to the old-school photography where you only use your viewfinder to take pics and can't check them afterwards. Wired! :)

No comments: